HERE’S an Scotch Egg recipe with a difference – someone has worked out how to make them with CHOCOLATE.
A genius Reddit user came up with the chocolatey treat for the run-up to Easter – and dubbed it the Creme Scotch Egg.
The artery-busting snack is perfect for the run-up to EasterImgur
It’s a normal scotch egg, except it does without the meat, breadcrumbs, and actual egg.
The egg is replaced by a cadbury’s one, and then wrapped in a thick layer of chocolate sponge.
It is then given an artery-busting coating of grated and melted chocolate, before being left in the fridge to cool.
Here we explain how to make it.
This recipe turns a simple creme egg into something much more excitingRex Features
The ingredients are:
6 Cream eggs
300g Milk chocolate
175g Softened unsalted butter
175g Caster sugar
4 Medium eggs
120g Self raising flour
1tsp Baking powder
60g Cocoa powder
120g Softened unsalted butter
120g Icing Sugar
You start by putting together a basic chocolate sponge
- Bake a a very basic chocolate sponge first.
- After allowing it to cool, crumble the cake in a food processor until the
texture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Next add the remainder of the butter, icing sugar and cocoa, then mix until it
turns into the same consistency as dough or shortcrust pastry.
- Then take handfuls of the dough, encase each Cadbury’s cream egg and roll into
fist sized balls.
- Place each egg onto a plate or board covered with baking paper, then pop it in
the fridge to chill until its firm.
- Grate 100 grams of chocolate into a bowl or plate and melt the remaining 200g
- Once the eggs are firm take them out of the fridge and dip them into the
melted chocolate, and immediately roll them through the grated pile.
- Pop them back in the fridge for a further 10 minutes to cool – then enjoy.
Source: FS – All – Food and Nutrition Blogs
How to make a Scotch Cadbury Creme Egg revealed in tasty recipe that adds MORE chocolate